LaLa Means I Love You......Jen

11/22/2005

Food: The only thing of note is that I made some most excellent roasted cornish game hens. I've never made them before, so I was worried, but my little experiment came out well! I don't have a recipe (since I just winged it), but I can tell you I stuffed the birds with butter and a brown/wild rice mixture that I'd diced some pecans and dried apricots into. I followed that up by slathering the hens with an apricot jam and spicy mustard (about a 3:1 ratio) before baking it. They were incredibly good, and I could kick myself for being too hesitant to try them in the past.
***********

Winter: Whelp, it really is winter now in Boise. It's so cold I have to scrape windows both before work and when I leave. :( We've also got a nasty inversion that isn't helping me at all. It was incredibly foggy last night, and tonight doesn't look to be much better. I'm just glad I don't have to drive to Caldwell to get home anymore!
***********

More food: My favorite lunch is back at Freddy's!!!! Amy's Meixcan Casserole is back on the shelves!!! I'm so happy!


TV: Did anyone else check out the "extended ending" for CSI: Miami online after last night's episode? I thought it was quite a disappointment after all of the hype, and the "secret" had already been let out in the previews for next week. Any guesses on the "mole"? I'm thinking they're trying to get people suspicious of Delco (on account of the fact he's a bad drug user), but I don't think it's him. I have a theory.....

I was also let down by the 3-D Medium - I thought the story line was inventive and the idea was pretty darn cool, but when it came down to it, they repeated "3-D scenes" and the scenes were also blurry......

In Survivor gossip - I was all for Bobby Jon getting the boot a few weeks ago, until the episode that he actually got it. I don't know how much the show's production team misrepresents their players, but I think BJ got a lot of it - I was really impressed with how he handled things in his last few days. I was really unhappy that he was kicked off before Jaimie, but he got his last week. I guess at this point, I'm kinda rooting for Cindy - although she seems like a pouty princess on occasion, she sure kicks butt in challenges and doesn't pull any crap with anyone else - calls it like it is. I gotta respect someone that can win without being a devious snake (although it's not always the best TV now, is it?)

I've been addicted to the Food Network's two new shows, Behind the Bash and Sugar Rush. In a recent episode of BtB, Hollywood Book Bash, the party was for Michael Madsen who had recently released a book of poetry. I have always had a fangirl crush on Madsen, so I am definitely going to check out that book! On a side note, I had no idea that Virginia Madsen was his sister....so there you go! As for Sugar Rush, it's just fantastic adventures around various bakeries and chocolatiers/candy shoppes - almost makes me want to be a pastry chef, but that really isn't my favorite kind of cooking (which is surprising, I'd say!). If you love dessert, I'd really check this show out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home