LaLa Means I Love You......Jen

12/14/2005

I have *really* been craving homemade SERIOUS hot chocolate lately. I have never made it though, and my track record for melting chocolate is not that good. I've never been much for candy making - I always burn the chocolate or somesuch. That really is a bummer too, because I lovelovelove Divinity, but I'd never make it in a million years. :( Speaking of holiday baking, I still haven't decided what I'm going to make this year. Better get crackin' though - gonna have to do it all over the next week. Any requests? We're having Christmas dinner over at my cousin's grandparent's house this year. When I asked her grandma (my aunt's mother) what I should bring to contribute - she replied, One of your famous desserts. Now this lady is a fabulous cook, and her daughter is one of my idols (in the kitchen and beyond), so it's wonderful to get such a compliment. :) Now I have to decide what to make for that too!


TV pop culture rumination:
* I actually watched an Apprentice - I'm not a fan of the Donald, but after finding out that a local gal (Felisha) made it to the final four, I promptly watched her get her walking papers. I was kinda bummed, but proud that Idaho did something good. :)
*The Survivor finale was probably one of my favorites so far - aside from the lame and very mellow jury questioning (which was surprising considering the personalities in this season!). My anger that Lydia made it to the final four was finally justified when she got her butt kicked out - there was no way she should have even been on the jury even, and she got that far anyway! I actually sort of rooted for her (not to win, just in not getting voted off right off the bat) at the beginning of the season because she was so sweet and tried really hard, but that just didn't cut it when it came down to it. Plus after she threw the hissy fit over not getting food handed to her when she didn't earn it really irked me. My opinion didn't only change about her - it also changed about Bobby Jon and Rafe. I totally thought that BJ was the oafish, crude redneck freak up until the episode he was voted off - his behavior in dealing with the absolutely psychotic Jamie was impressive - and obviously he was the better man. :) Initially, I wanted Rafe (was anyone else floored when he said something about being a gay, mormon boy??? I didn't think that was possible...) to win. He was a strong competitor, sneaky in a decent way and just a good guy. Then after he was unreasonable when Cindy won the car and didn't give the other four cars instead, I just lost respect. Cindy was also a favorite of mine, in fact, had she not been voted off I still would have been rooting for her. When it came down to Steph and Danni, I really didn't care too much who won - they both deserved it, although I do believe that Steph was a better player and should have won based on that, but Danni got it instead because the jury voted by emotion and not the finalists "skills an playing ability". I have only liked a few of the Survivors, but this was definitely one of my favorites. For those of you that are interested, there is a Survivor blog. I actually would REALLY love to get on this show. REALLY. I might even apply for the next one!
*Boondocks was made into a TV show recently, and I've been giving it a chance. Don't know if I will keep watching it very long - I love the cartoon, but the show is a little eh for me. Huey and Riley are adorable though, so I'll watch another episode or so.
*I randomly caught The Shield and ended up really liking it. Surprisingly enough! I've also finally caught up with the season of Law & Order: SVU which was taking a back seat to Bones.
*I think that one of the main reasons that I like Criminal Minds so much is because I absolutely adore the resident geek, Reid. I don't think I could stand that kind of dude in reality, but on the show, I just love his knowledgable geekiness. He's had some good episodes, especially one where he was used as a pawn to calm down a schitzophrenic gone awry on a train. Good stuff.
*I totally think that Quinten is the Carver on Nip/Tuck. Last week's plane crash episode was fantastic - at first I thought it was a bit cheesey, but I was sold by the end. In fact, Julia and Sean's scene at the end where he admits his weaknesses and her strengths was just brilliant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home